Thursday, January 7, 2010

Street of Kings Part 4

Hello everybody,

Oh mad Ludwig II you’re so silly, is probably what everyone thought at the time he was having his castle built, Neuschwanstein. It took 18 years to construct his castle and only two floors of the 5 floor castle were done, the staff quarters and his floor which had his small opera room. He lived in it for only 148 or 178 days not sure and then was accused by the Bavarian Municipality of being bonkers and then placed him in custody, but the Bavarian folk called him, “Our darling king.” Ludwig II did not take the accusation well and on June 13, 1886 bid farewell by mysteriously drowning in Lake Stranberg.

ludwig_02_370 L thinks I resemble him. I don’t see it…but maybe I’ll be him next Halloween. I think he looks like Mike A. or Tony A. But I can already hear the locals, “Here comes that crazy Mexican thinking he’s Ludwig II.”

It is said that Ludwig II nearly bankrupted Bavaria building his monument to Richard Wagner. Of course Wagner was the composer he was in love with, Wagner was the bees knees in Ludwig’s mind. Some people cook dinner for those they love, or give each other tortillas, or share a warm blanket and even walk the dog, but Ludwig II built Wagner a McSchloss with each room dedicated to his music.

I wonder what Wagner thought while it was happening. I can see him waving no and yes at the same time. Who wouldn’t? The king wants to build a castle to celebrate my works…ummm…no, yeah right.

Behold!!!

Neuschwanstein

IMG_3552

IMG_3566

IMG_3555

IMG_3618

Who lives here?

IMG_3574

IMG_3576

IMG_3577

IMG_3579

IMG_3581

As you can see from the right hand side of this pictures. It’s a no camera sign. But I managed to take one.

IMG_3591

IMG_3596

IMG_3597

IMG_3600

Here’s the opera room.

IMG_3602

I think L was lost, even though it was a guided tour.

IMG_3604

Who’s puny castle is that down there…oh it’s dad’s castle.

The Kitchen

IMG_3609

IMG_3611

Well this concludes part 4 stay tuned for part 5. When L and I venture into the land of Church Rococo.

IMG_3560

love,

M&L

No comments: