Monday, January 11, 2010

Part 5 and other Anomalies

Hello everybody,

Hope all are having a good start to the year. We’ve been up to nothing, well that’s not completely true, we did go to the movies Saturday evening. We tagged along with a friend of mine, his wife, son and his son’s friends. L thought it would be a good time to find out where the move theater was located.

If any of you have been to the Twin Cinema in St. Johns, then you have a good picture of what our German theater looks like. Beer, popcorn and Avatar. I recommend Avatar. George Lucas should have waited ten more years before he began to tinker with Episode I, perhaps he could have gotten a couple of ideas from James Cameron…anyway moving on, touchy subject for me.

As promised, I would finish our 5 part Street of Kings vacation, but when I began reflecting on what to share or write…I said, “self this is boring, you must return to the olden ways.” With that, I’ve decided to share the pictures of the Rococo church and then some other stuff. Like…beer and food!!! and some other ideas.

Part 5: The Rococo Church landm5

We had to drive an icy road through a forest that eventually opened up to an expansive field covered by jack frost to get to this church, but then…there it was. The clouds parted and rays of pure hope shining over the church as though hugging it, protecting it from the soft blanket of snow that had been gently laid upon it the following evening, revealed it in all it’s glory. And we pressed on and the rays directed us to this unearthly fortress as though softly singing… come to me, come to me. One could hear the faint trumpets in the distance, echoing the church’s siren song. Wide eyed, like a deer caught in head lights seeing it’s life flash before it, I saw every misdeed I had ever done flash before my eyes as well, and the burdens of my life’s misdeeds were lifted from my shoulders. We pressed on, forward still, unwavering …then the needle fell of the record as I opened my mouth to say, “That place is retarded big.” I know not very PC of me, but that’s what fell out of my mouth.

For some reason, at that moment, the roads froze up, the clouds came in and the temperature dropped and I felt like a ten ton baboon was placed on my shoulders…well not really, nope.

Here’s the church.

IMG_3649

IMG_3652

L, not sure what to think.

IMG_3668

The ceiling was amazing. Everywhere you looked you saw some interesting setting.

IMG_3670 IMG_3671

IMG_3673

IMG_3682

IMG_3686 IMG_3690IMG_3689 After what I said earlier, I might not get to see this door.

IMG_3692

IMG_3694

I tried to get a picture of the entire ceiling, but it was rather difficult. This is the best I could do.

landm3

Here is what the church looked like from my view.

And back outside,

landm4

I wish I had the name of the church or town, but at the moment I’ve misplaced my notes. I’ll update the name of the place and location next time.

MOVING ON

Food:

Small Lobster.

This was my first time to taste these cockroaches of the sea. I have to say they were quite tasty.

IMG_3825

Gin Rummy, I believe is what this game is called. L and I are keeping a running record of our points, we will be playing this game the entire time we are here.

So far, L has about a 1400 point lead, but I think I can catch up, we still have two more years.

Our scores as of present are:

L : 6720 points

M : 5268 points

IMG_3852IMG_3850

THE BEERS:

A friend and I traveled an hour north to a small city called, Dinkelsberg to buy these beers . They were the worst beers I have had in Germany thus far.

Here they are:

IMG_3836IMG_3838

IMG_3844One would think, with a picture like this it should kick butt, these beers should prevail above the rest…nope not one bit. If you like Hinniekin or St. Paulies Squirrel, then Perhaps you’ll like these beers and that’s being nice, even my native Oregonian beer drinker L poo-pooped the beer.

Also I counted how many beer I’ve tasted and I have now tried 74 different beers…I have a long way to go.

Jean- Luc Update:

Some of you voiced concerns over Jean-Luc’s weight loss and being JL perhaps he did lose some pounds for the cameras, he is French after all. But let me assure you, The Duke is back.

IMG_3848

He specifically asked for black and white pictures, he said something about black is slimming, something like that…whatever.

IMG_3864 IMG_3870 IMG_3885

I told him to stop drinking my beer, now look at him, he can barely keep his eyes open. It’s always a struggle when he gets in his moods and then decides he wants to take the car for a spin. I’ve told him the pavarazzi here are not as nice as back home. He just looks at me and goes back to the bottle. Look at that picture, his eyes speak volumes.

SNOW UPDATE:

IMG_3830

IMG_3853 IMG_3887

Snow bunny says, “help.” Of course Jean-Luc just looks at him and walks away with his bottle in his paw.

that’s all folks,

M&L

P.S, If these pictures get back to Jean-Luc… It wasn’t me.

No comments: