Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Italy: Part 5 – Trentino-Alto Adige and Home

Hello everybody,

If you’ve been following the posts, sorry about the wait, our laptop monitor has been acting silly lately, sooooo, we purchased a slave monitor for our laptop so we don’t have to deal with any funny stuff.

Well below is the last leg of our Italian journey.  As we headed north we took a nice drive on Northern Italy’s wine road, it’s really called that.  We saw fields beyond fields of wine, I mean grapes. I had trouble keeping my eyes off the fields and on the road, plus the smell of grapes was amazing.

pan of sud

As one drives through the wine road, you also go through smaller villages, each with their own type of wine.

If you would like to read about this regions wines go here: http://www.italianmade.com/wines/doc10030.cfm

The local grape variety that is used in this part of Italy is called, Lagrein. They also have two other grapes, but their names escape me at the moment. pan of sud 2

 IMG_5511

 IMG_5515-1

 IMG_5517

 

IMG_5518

Below are pictures of one of the places we stopped to try some wine and have a quick snack. 

 IMG_5527 IMG_5531

As you can see L was quite excited to get in, plus I believe the Mitchell sisters were hungry and we all know what that means.

IMG_5536

IMG_5534

This vineyard was awesome we tried their Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon.  We liked the wine so much that we purchased several bottles. If you track down the Young Man Yazzo, you too can try some of this delicious Italian wine, but I think he may have drank it already…next time.

 IMG_5535  IMG_5538 

IMG_5545

Yup, just like I said, fields and fields of wine, I mean…grapes.

pan of sud 4

IMG_5561

IMG_5562-1

Below are pictures of our journey back home. I hope you liked the pictures and our adventure into Italy.

  IMG_5566 IMG_5581 IMG_5587 

 IMG_5591

IMG_5594

IMG_5598 

This was the view from our window in Vipiteno.

pan of str

Now I’ll finish with a picture of me, doing what I like to do best…can anyone guess.

IMG_5611

 

hugs,

M&L

No comments: