Friday, November 4, 2011

what the? where did october go and hallows eve?

Hi Everybody,

I realized this morning, as I was brushing last nights broccoli out of my teeth – I forgot to blog in October. While the U.S. is doing the OctoberBeerFest stuff during the month of October, here in Germany people have moved on, thus all October I sat on my porch, Stein in one hand and a Mos in the other, waiting for Oktober fest to pass by the house -  forgetting that Germans have their Oktoberfest in September – can you see why I get confused and forget what month it is.

Continuing – everything is moving like salmon on a mating run. Turkey day is around the corner and L will be off on one of her yearly China trips.  So November is also starting to get away from me as well – thus eyes got to blog.

Firstly and similar to last year - I ordered drum shells (African rosewood, I know save your complaining for the monkeys in the forest) and will be building a complete drum set this time around…wish me luck.

I really have gotten into trail riding and I think I scared my friends The Prumleys, because when they got one look at my MTB get –up,I could see they thought I had entered a spandex vortex – I  figured while here in Germany, where no one really knows me, why not go (b)all(s) out. See below.

dork in funny clothes – spandex coved of course - no one wants to see me in tight shorts it’s gross…reallyImage026

Even though these guys are gung-ho about MTB-ing, they still have trouble mounting the bikes to the van.

IMG_8607

IMG_8610

The MTB Club Minus 2

IMG_8613

IMG_8617

I didn’t get as many pictures as I would have liked and this trip is also around the end of fall, maybe a month ago, early October.

IMG_8620

We had a week of crazy warm weather and of course we had to take advantage of our good fortune. Now the weather has turned to foggy cloudy days at about a steady 34 degrees.

IMG_8623

Image028

Getting lost, the french dude really liked getting us lost, though he had a GPS attached to his bike, he still managed to pick the wrong path…hehehe.

IMG_8624

 

This was a really nice single trail path that went along this huge rock wall.

IMG_8629

Back into the forest getting lost.

IMG_8633

And FIN. Greeny is still doing good although sometimes she still kicks me off when we’re not getting along. Don’t worry Lianner, no need to get jealous.

IMG_8636

well that’s all for now. I’ll post pictures of my drum building project as I get closer to finishing.

Hugs,

M&L

No comments: